The keys to successful container growing are:
1. Select the right size pot with adequate drainage holes (we recommend a 16+ inch pot)
2. Use a soil mix that is lightweight and drains well.
3. Develop a watering schedule so the tree stays on the dry side of moist. Usually once a week is fine but it will depend on the soil you use and the dryness of your indoor environment. Err on the side of watering less as opposed to watering too much ...
4. Provide 6 - 8 hours of direct sunlight (or a grow light) per day.
5. Plant the tree so the root collar is above the soil line and the top of the root crown is barely below the soil. Do not cover the trunk with soil at all.